Friday, June 17, 2011

Personal Life | Home Sweet Home

Happy Friday!  So today I thought I'd share a different sort of post with you all. 

My husband, 2 children and I moved into a new (to us) home about 6 weeks ago.  It's an older home - 1948, to be exact.  It's quirky, has "different" things about it, the hardwoods are a little scratched up and the linoleum flooring is stained in some areas, things that used to be white back in the day are not so white anymore.  There are lots of imperfections.  And...we love it.  I mean, REALLY love it.  It suits us WAY better than our last home - that we lived in for over 8 years.  We were needing and ready for a change, and we happened upon this house one day and immediately wanted it. 

I thought today I'd share with you all what our kitchen looks like.  You might think it's totally ugly.  That's ok.  There's beauty in everything! ;)  As you'll see it's very...um...white.  I like it just like that!  It's not modern, is not updated.  And yes, I love it.  Not fancy, has things that need to be fixed.  And...I still love it.  And actually, I don't think I'd change a thing about it.  Ok, maybe a couple tiny things...like the floor that's a little uneven, so when we walk past the stove, the little things sitting on the stove, fall over.  *sigh*  I'm dealing with it though ;) 

So anyway, here ya go.  Just some photos of my kitchen.  Perhaps I'll share some photos of other parts of my house next week.  And ok, one last detail about my kitchen, my favorite thing - all the natural lighting.  It has 4 windows.  Tiny windows, yes.  But the lighting that comes in makes me sigh with happiness.  Oh, and being able to see from the windows over the sink, my lush, green back yard that's usually filled with little birdies hopping and flittering around?  Glorious.  All the shots below are SOOC (straight out of camera).  No light was turned on in the kitchen, so it's a little dim, but I love how the light from the widows just kinda fills up the room.  L O V E.



Oh, just some muffins my husband and daughter made from scratch.  Some have berries in them, hence the unique colors ;)


4 comments:

  1. So cute. I love the arched doorway. We just moved too and I miss the arched doorway in our old house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should go into real estate photography. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Our home was built around the same time, and the uneven walls, the fact that nothing is plumb, it all adds to the character! Congratulations on your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, for one, love all that white! Adds cheeriness to it.

    ReplyDelete

Labels