Friday, August 19, 2011

Individual Mini-Session Contestants/VOTE!

**CONTEST NOW CLOSED**

Instructions: Vote for your favorite contestant by submitting their name to the comments section below.  Contestants, you MAY vote for yourselves.  Voting ends on Sunday, 8/21 at midnight, at which that time I will tally the votes.  You may vote twice - once here and once on Facebook (you're only able to vote on Facebook if you're a 'fan' of Boy & Girl Photography, so become a fan!).


(Story first, and the corresponding family's picture below it)

Kevin Jackson - "I am an ordained minister.  My grandmother passed away a while back and my grandfather found a nice lady.  Eventually they decided to get married.  They asked me marry them and this would be my first wedding ceremony to perform.  I was going to read the pre-written introduction as the opening of the ceremony but was very nervous about that because I don't read well in public.  I love public speaking but reading in public is a different story.  I thought to myself "Ok...make it though the intro and the rest will be ok."  Long story short, I read through the introduction like a pro.  I was very proud of myself and I thought the rest of the ceremony would be a piece of cake, so I let my guard down.  The next part of the ceremony was the giving away of the bride with the bride's sons giving her away.  My line was supposed to be "Who gives this woman to be married to my grandpa?"  The words out of my mouth were "Who give this man to be married to my grandpa".  The crowd starting laughing and after I realized what I had said, I wanted to go hide under a rock.  My first wedding, my grandpa's wedding, a very classy wedding and I flub like that.  People left the wedding that day, not saying "What a beautiful ceremony" but "Can you believe Kevin messed up his own Grandpa's wedding?"  No one else has asked me to marry them since and I don't know if they ever will.  This is my most embarrassing moment."


Elizabeth Levstek - "During my 6th birthday, my entire class was invited as well as my family.  When they brought in the cake, my parents thought it would be funny to watch 30 or so 5 and 6 year olds blow out trick candles.  They ended up catching all of us trying to blow out the trick candles, on video.  After we ate cake, we were opening up presents and for the most part, I received what every 6 year old gets for their birthday, barbie dolls, baby dolls and the fake make-up kits.  It came time to open my aunt and uncle's present, who usually give the awesome presents, and it was two giant bottles of Hidden Valley Ranch!!!  I opened Ranch.....of all things I open Ranch in front of all of my friends.  The first reaction when I opened the present, was tears.  All my friends laughed and it made me feel even worse, I was so embarrassed that all my friends saw me open Ranch.  At 6, you don't understand the point of gag gifts, so my first thought was that they hated me.  In the end, they gave me a really awesome present but still to this day we speak of the Ranch incident, and of course laugh about it now.  Recently at my 16th, we had prizes for my friends that knew me the best that represented favorite memories throughout my life, and a bottle of Hidden Valley Ranch was one of them."


Amy Lounsbury - "Ok a funny story...One that comes to mind is when I was in the 7th grade, I was attending my 7th-8th grade prom and I was wearing one of those dresses that required a hoop. When I was on the dance floor trying to dance which was difficult with the hoop and my heels, I ended up getting the heel of my shoe caught in the hoop and tripping landing flat on my bottom and the hoop straight in the air. Saying that I was embarrassed would be and understatement but looking back at it now I find it amusing."

(I apologize, but for some reason this picture keeps uploading sideways to the blog; I can't get it to turn for nothin!  It's correct on FB though.  Hmmm...)


Shelly Mckoin - "Ding Dong Ditch Gone Wrong:
To my fellow ding dong ditchers…you know the feeling you get in your stomach from the second your fingertip touches that doorbell as you dart off that front porch, trying not to be spotted or seen? Just knowing that door could swing op at any second and it’s game over! So while in this panic mode, you run for the nearest bush, tree, dumpster, etc. or in MY case, the bed of a pick up truck. And with your heart pounding, you wait and watch to see the victim open the door, as you laugh hysterically at their confusion, delighted you have won yet another round of ding dong ditch! However, my ding dong ditch experience did not go as planned. Let me start from the beginning. One late summer night, my fiancé and I were sitting at home, pondering what to do in this big town of Kernersville. We decided we needed a chuckle and therefore a game of ding dong ditch was in order! So we dressed in our fiercest black sweats, rubbed the black stuff under our eyes (you know the stuff football players wear), and we jumped into the car. As we’re driving down the road, thinking of who our victim will be, I remembered how my mother had recently refused to take me back to school shopping for clothes. Voila! Our victim has been chosen and we are in transit! As we quietly approach the condo’s, my fiancé kills the lights on our get-away car and parks in behind the dumpsters. I then quietly open the door of the car, and creep up towards my mom’s condo. As I reached the door, my heart was pounding, but I HAD to do it! So I stuck my little finger out, pushed the doorbell, and took off! At this time, I realized “Oh Snap! Where am I gonna hide?” So I jumped into the back of this pick up truck parked in front. I was so relieved, my mother had not yet opened the door. I thought to myself, “Yes! I got her!” I’m sitting in the bed of the truck, waiting, my heart is pounding as I cry laughing on the inside, knowing I got her! She’ll think twice before she ever tells me no again to go back to school shopping! Then all of a sudden, I hear this car flying down the road and it whips into the complex! Oh my gosh! It’s a cop car! My heart is racing! Its coming right towards me! Someone has called the police! Do I continue hiding? Do I jump out and reveal myself and come clean? What do I do???!!! Then as I peek over the edge of the truck I notice the cop is a short, stocky, grey headed man. As he walks towards the condo, passing the truck, I realize, it’s Lieutenant Brandon! My step dad! (yes my step dad is a LT for the Kernersville PD). So I jump out and say, “Hey Mike!” As he whips his head around, he does not look too happy. Apparently my mom thought someone was trying to trick her into opening her door so they could break in, since it was so late at night. So she took it upon herself to call the cops just to be on the safe side. He proceeds to tell me I scared my mom to death! So, my get a away car pulls up and gets me and we leave. I call my mom to tell her she should have known it was me because I have a history of ding dong ditching friends and family. She laughs and thinks its very funny at this point, my step dad went back to work (not happy), and we headed home. Thank goodness that cop was a relative! Ha Ha!
She still hasn’t taken me back to school shopping…."

35 comments:

  1. amy lounsbury

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny! Good luck Shelly and Dale. You are such a great couple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Revin'Kevin Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelly Mckoin!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelly!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kevin Jackson!! That story was very funny and I feel sorry for him and I dont even know him! Kevin gets my vote

    ReplyDelete

Labels