Monday, January 31, 2011

{Natalie Turns 5}

My little girl turned 5 on Saturday!  It makes me smile, but it also makes me so sad.  You all with kids know what I mean!  Natalie is growing up...far too quickly.  We joke with her and ask if she can be a baby again.  She's always like, "No, sorry.  I've got to be bigger and older".  :( 

I generally don't like doing photo shoots of my own kids.  I just get annoyed with them, ha!  This time around, Natalie did a great job.  There were moments where I had to tell her, "Don't smile that way!" or "Stop moving!", but really, she did great.  There's a lot of images below, so beware ;)  I edited these in a warm "retro" sorta way.  I love them, and I hope you enjoy them, too.

The newest member of our family and Natalie's birthday gift:


Zauk (pronounced zok) is an almost 3 year old Great Dane.  He currently weighs around 140 lbs and is definitely a gentle giant.  He and Natalie are getting to know each other, but I see the love between the two of them already.  Morgan, thank you for giving us the pleasure of giving Zauk his new home.  We will be keeping his name.  We think it fits him perfectly, and we think HE fits us perfectly!  If you check back here occasionally, you'll probably see more pictures of him :)




Her Daddy was nearby, making her giggle:



That's the "Natalie, don't smile like that!" smile:


Natalie doing her flexible thing:




Sweet, sweet girl...




Doesn't matter how I'm feeling, if I see Natalie make the face below, I laugh and laugh.  And laugh some more!  Goofy girl!


Really, do you have to be so adorable? 


I have a feeling these two will be great buddies!  They're bonding quickly!


Happy 5th Birthday, my beautiful, silly, smart, sweet Natalie.  Mommy loves you forever and always.



4 comments:

  1. She really is beautiful...and had a beautiful day for her bday! I mean, how many times have you been able to photograph her on her bday barefooted? :)

    And your new friend is beautiful too. I love Great Danes...you just have to have room for them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it!! She's beautiful! I gave my free session to my daughter for a family portrait. You'll love her gang!! She has two adopted kids from Uganda who are cute as buttons, with KILLER smiles. She also has a one year old little girl who will knock your socks off! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie you are so beautiful and such an amazing girl. Thank you for all the joy you bring to our family. Happy Birthday my big 5 year old! Leah you have such a gift at capturing the perfect moments. I love both of you so much

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful!! I can't believe Natalie is five already - my, my, time sure does go by quickly! Zauk is a very handsome Great Dane - looks like they will get along just fine!

    ReplyDelete

Labels