Tuesday, January 11, 2011

{Snow-Cream}

I've been MIA.  Between session cancelations due to too cold/windy days and sicknesses, I haven't had too much to post.  I could post some sessions that I've done in the past that you all haven't seen, eh?  I don't post all my sessions, for different reasons.  Sometimes clients don't want their photos posted and other times, I just don't get around to giving someone a sneak peak (sorry, you know who you are, and thank you for being so understanding!).  I post probably 85% of my sessions.  Ok, on to the point of this post...

We got snow again.  Not as much as a few weeks ago (on Christmas Day), but still snow nonetheless.  I love snow.  I don't really like playing in it, but I do love to photograph it and watch snow as it falls.  Ok, so anyway...

My daughter asked to "eat snow" this morning.  So, I decided I would make snow-cream instead of just letting Nat eat snow that had a glaze of sleet on it.  You know you want the recipe :)  Actually, it's quite simple.  Nothing to it, really, but it's a yummy treat. 

Here are the ingredients you'll need:
{1} 1 bowl of snow (I filled a large mixing bowl)
{2} 1/2 cup white sugar
{3} 1 tsp vanilla
{4} 1 cup milk (or more if needed)
{5} toppings (optional, of course)

Mix all ingredients (minus toppings) together (add more milk if you want it to be creamier) and top with {sprinkles}. 

Yes, that's a doll in the picture.  No, she is not part of the recipe.  My daughter just thought her doll should be a part of the picture :)


Nat mixing in the ingredients.  See my son in the background?  He wasn't happy.


Sprinkles!


I like the way the sprinkles started melting, or whatever it's called.


Now, go out and bring some snow inside and make this treat!  {Enjoy}


No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels