Monday, October 11, 2010

{Cool or Creepy?}

Is anyone else out there amazed at how much you can see and find about the people looking at your sites and blogs?  Maybe it's just me, but I think it's so cool to be able to see that my blog is being looked at by people in Japan, Germany, and even Latvia (yes, I had to look that up)!  I can also see what type of devices are being used to look at my blog...computers (Windows or Mac), iPhones/Touch, and others...searches made on my business name and what locations they are made from...even some IP addresses. 

On the other hand, I'm a little freaked out by all this.  It's crazy how little privacy the internet offers.  I'm not super computer/technology/internet savvy, but I know enough to make my way around (and find out who's been looking at my blog), and I don't like knowing all this.  The other day I needed to find out someone's address, but I couldn't find it anywhere.  So, I told my husband about it, and he said, "Oh, just use Google maps" (since we knew the general location the person lives).  So, he pulls up Google maps, put it the neighborhood of this person, and within less than 30 seconds, we were looking at that person's front yard.  W.E.I.R.D.  I'm a little creeped out now at how easy it is to find things like how much someone makes, where someone lives, what their middle name is and how many children they have, etc. 

So, there you have it, folks.  My Monday thoughts.  Hope each of you are having a relaxing, PRIVATE day! ;)

(and although the photo below has nothing to do with the topic I wrote on, I couldn't help but post another photo from this sweet, adorable couple's session)

1 comment:

Labels