Monday, October 11, 2010

{Inspiration}

Ever need inspiration?  I do.  Taking photos day in and day out...sometimes I get a creative block and have to look for inspiration elsewhere. 

A few months ago, I came across a blog called Ramblings and Photos by Ashley Sisk.  Ashley Sisk takes some really awesome still-life photos.  I look at her blog daily and am inspired, intrigued and amazed each time I check out what she's done.  Although I am not a still-life photographer (I'd much rather take photos of people), I like to try my hand at different things, but what I've found is that I need to leave the still-life photos to people like Ashley.  She recently took a photo of an apple on a book.  It's so, so pretty.  I loved it so, so much, I wanted to try to take a photo like that.  It didn't turn out like hers.  No where near as cool.  But, here's mine:


And then, I wanted to try another photo using a book.  So, I did this (and I actually kinda love it):


So, once again, it's another random post, but random posts usually mean thing: I'm feeling inspired.  And if you've not seen Ashley's blog yet, I suggest you check it out.  I promise you won't leave disappointed.  I don't know you personally, Ashley, but thanks for the inspiration!  I look forward to looking at your blog again tomorrow (or maybe even tonight, heh!).  Now, off I go to look at my calendar of photo sessions for the week!  Check out my blog throughout the week.  It may or may not consist of things such as a soccer ball, laundromat, tutus and other fun things!  ;)

4 comments:

  1. Awww you're too sweet...I actually did the same book shot a few months ago (I think) and I love that look! I need to leave the portrait work up to people like you. I've tried my hands at it, and I suck! So I guess we can be inspired both directions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these 2 pics are great! The "heart" book one is unique-love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leah, I know I have told you before what an amazing photographer you are and I know we are friends so most will say my opinion is biased but I LOVE both of this pics but my favorite is the 'heart' book. The light and shadow effect really makes this picture beautiful. Again, maybe I am bIased but your work inspires me to look at the world in a different light- a beautiful light! Keep up the breathtaking work and never lose the passion that is clearly evident in all of your pictures. Thanks for sharing your dream with us! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the book heart, but I agree with you - I'd much rather take pics of people! :)

    ReplyDelete

Labels